I hope this message finds you well and you are gearing up for another great summer of 4-H fun! Whether your programming consists of day camps, workshops, overnight adventures, fairs and shows, or practically all of the above, we know that summer is a hectic time for 4-H Professionals and Volunteers all over the U.S.
I just wanted to take a few moments to touch base with some information and reminders about our policies and make sure you know how to get in touch with us with any questions or concerns.
Special Activities Policies:
- Premiums are .20, .25, or .30/person/day with an $8 minimum. The $8 minimum premium is applied per day when events are held on non-consecutive dates or per event when they are consecutive. For further clarification and examples, click here to read our blog post with detailed information about the $8 minimum and here for a flow chart to help determine when you need a Special Activities Policy.
- There is the direct link to apply for Special Activities Coverage Online on our website.
- Once you have submitted your application, we encourage you to print/save the “Confirmation/Remittance Form” generated by the website to track your final numbers and send in along with your payment after your events are over.
Filing a Claim:
- IF you have an accident/incident occur during a covered Program/Event which requires medical attention, follow these steps:
- Fill out our Claim Form as completely and accurately as possible. The form must be completed by staff or volunteer who is not related to the patient and provides detailed instructions including what documentation will be needed to proceed. A PDF of the form is available on our website.
- Claim report must be sent directly to American Income Life within 20 days of the accident. Claim forms or itemized bills may be mailed or faxed. Mailing address is AIL Claims, P.O. Box 50158, Indianapolis, IN 46250. The fax number is 317-849-2793.
- Even after the initial Claim report has been submitted, communication between the AIL SRD Office and the Policy Holder (4-H) is very important! Please make sure to keep open lines of communication and follow up with requests ASAP so that we can be sure that your participants are not left with unpaid bills!
AIL Special Risk Division Contact – Toll Free Phone # 1-800-849-4820:
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern